Fighting Hunger

Supporting Senior Citizens

Senior Income Requirements 

Senior citizens who are age 60 or older and reside in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb or Washtenaw counties are eligible for the Focus: HOPE Commodity Supplemental Food Program if they meet the income requirements below.  

Based on 130 percent of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines

Family Size

Yearly Income

Monthly Income

Weekly Income

















Each additional family member add





Seniors can get certified to receive food at any Focus: HOPE food center or through one of the certification agencies in Wayne, Oakland, Oakland, Macomb, and Washtenaw counties.
To be certified, a senior must provide:
  • Proof of age (e.g. state identification card)
  • Proof of income for current year (e.g. pension statement, pay stub, or award letter from Social Security)
  • Number of people in household
Volunteer transportation may be arranged for eligible senior citizens who are homebound and are unable to get a ride from a friend or relative. Call 313.494.4488.
If you have questions about your eligibility, please call 313.494.4600 or email:


Non-discrimination statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at filing cust.html or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at the U.S. Department of Agriculture,Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410. By fax (202)690-7442 or email at Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339; or (800)845-6136(Spanish)Supporting Senior Citizens.