Food For Seniors

In partnership with federal and state agencies, we provide over 42,000 seniors with monthly food packages to help meet basic needs. We also provide opportunities to obtain health screenings, income support, tax preparation and utility assistance.

Apply to Receive Food

Focus: HOPE provides food boxes to senior citizens who are 60 years old or older and reside in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb or Washtenaw counties.

To Apply, call 313.494.4600 or email:


To be eligible, you must:

1. Provide proof of age (60 years or above)

(e.g. state identification card)

2. Provide number of people in household

3. Reside in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb or Washtenaw counties

Income Limits

Family of 1

$ 16,588

or below

Family of 2

$ 22,412

or below

Family of 3

$ 28,236

or below

Family of 4

$ 34,060

or below
Each additional family member ($5,824 or below)


Westside Food Center

1300 Oakman Boulevard
Detroit, MI 48238

Inkster Food Center

759 Inkster Road
Inkster, MI 48141

Eastside Food Center

9151 Chalmers
Detroit, MI 48213

Thanks to Our Supporters!

Listed organizations supported Focus: HOPE during fiscal years 2019-2020 (10/1/2018 – 9/30/2020).  
This information was updated as of February 14, 2020. 

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center
at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form
AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, from any USDA office, by calling
(866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed
AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.